Hi,

I have an XP Pro work station logging on to an NT domain. The server pings
out fine. But it won't log on. It says domain controller not available or
the user account is not available. Other workstations can log onto the
domain fine, and I'm always using my admin account which works fine from
other machines.

All the IP settings seem correct.

What are my other possibilities here? What's weird, is it used to work a few
days ago. Quit for awhile - we thought some software maybe stepped on the
driver - reinstalled the LAN chip driver (it's on the mobo) and then it all
worked fine - but now it seems to have died again. If it pings, that seems
to say the chip and cable are OK. But I'm not sure what could be the real
problem here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Randy Starkey