Is it just me, or does connectivity between XP Pro and Win 2000 Server painful? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Is it just me, or does connectivity between XP Pro and Win 2000 Server painful? - Windows NT ; We run 200 server in our department. Due to transitioning by Dell, the last few desktops we ordered had XP Pro on them (200 Pro harder and harder to find). XP is struggling to connect to the network: slow, buggy, ...

  1. Is it just me, or does connectivity between XP Pro and Win 2000 Server painful?

    We run 200 server in our department. Due to transitioning by Dell,
    the last few desktops we ordered had XP Pro on them (200 Pro harder
    and harder to find). XP is struggling to connect to the network:
    slow, buggy, failures.

    Is there a working body of knowledge on this issue? I have been told
    Server 2003 fixes many of the issues.

    Thanks
    Todd

  2. Re: Is it just me, or does connectivity between XP Pro and Win 2000 Server painful?

    Put the nics of the XP's on anything but autosense. Further check the
    ipconfig/all from those stations. Is everything pointing to your server-IP?

    Marina

    "Todd W. Roat" schreef in bericht
    news:745e0233.0308120408.56b456bb@posting.google.c om...
    > We run 200 server in our department. Due to transitioning by Dell,
    > the last few desktops we ordered had XP Pro on them (200 Pro harder
    > and harder to find). XP is struggling to connect to the network:
    > slow, buggy, failures.
    >
    > Is there a working body of knowledge on this issue? I have been told
    > Server 2003 fixes many of the issues.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Todd

  3. Re: Is it just me, or does connectivity between XP Pro and Win 2000 Server painful?

    On 12 Aug 2003 05:08:00 -0700, todd.roat@uc.edu (Todd W. Roat) wrote:
    > XP is struggling to connect to the network:slow, buggy, failures.

    I saw trouble especially in joining NT 4 domains: these were solved
    applying XP Service Pack 1 BEFORE joining the domain (workgroup mode)

    Maybe it helps in your case

+ Reply to Thread