Protocol of choice - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Protocol of choice - Windows NT ; Is there a protocol of choice when putting together a simple peer-to-peer network? I have 5 machines with Win98 and 1 with Win2k and a DSL router to stick in. I only need file sharing and internet sharing. Thanks in ...

  1. Protocol of choice

    Is there a protocol of choice when putting together a simple peer-to-peer
    network? I have 5 machines with Win98 and 1 with Win2k and a DSL router to
    stick in. I only need file sharing and internet sharing.
    Thanks in advance....
    Rick

  2. Re: Protocol of choice

    TCP/IP if you want to access the internet.

    "SNET" wrote:

    >Is there a protocol of choice when putting together a simple peer-to-peer
    >network? I have 5 machines with Win98 and 1 with Win2k and a DSL router to
    >stick in. I only need file sharing and internet sharing.
    >Thanks in advance....
    >Rick

+ Reply to Thread