Re: "Could not find domain controller for this domain" HELP, where to start? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: "Could not find domain controller for this domain" HELP, where to start? - Windows NT ; Is this a PDC or BDC? Do you have more than one server? "Marina Roos" wrote in message news:%VKJa.58779$506.55046@typhoon.bart.nl... > Did you try this from the server itself? > Any errors in the eventlogs? > Tried a reboot? > > ...

  1. Re: "Could not find domain controller for this domain" HELP, where to start?

    Is this a PDC or BDC? Do you have more than one server?

    "Marina Roos" wrote in message
    > Did you try this from the server itself?
    > Any errors in the eventlogs?
    > Tried a reboot?
    >
    > Marina
    >
    > "PBS" schreef in bericht
    > > NT4 Server
    > >
    > > I attempted to go to the "User Manager for Domains" and received the

    > message
    > > "Could not find domain controller for this domain"
    > >
    > > I went to Control Panel / Services, and noticed several Services that

    are
    > > marked to start automatically were not started. I attempted to start

    each
    > > using the "START" button. In each case they failed, with a variety of
    > > messages, as follows:
    > >
    > > 1. Could not start the COMPUTER BROWSER Service on \\servername
    > > Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    > >
    > > 2. Could not start the MICROSOFT NETWORK Service on \\servername
    > > Error 0002: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > >
    > > 3. Could not start the NET LOGON Service on \\servername
    > > Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    > >
    > > 4. Could not start the REMOTE ADMINISTRATOR Service on \\servername
    > > Cannot Load Library ADMDLL.dll [OK] following clicking [OK]
    > > Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function.
    > >
    > > 5. Could not start the TCP/IP NetBIOS HANDLER Service on \\servername
    > > Error 0003: The system cannot find the path specified.
    > >
    > > Any guidance on where to begin is appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Paul

  2. Re: "Could not find domain controller for this domain" HELP, where to start?

    > Is this a PDC or BDC? Do you have more than one server?
    It is a PDC
    No, it is the only server

    "James" wrote in message
    > Is this a PDC or BDC? Do you have more than one server?
    >
    > "Marina Roos" wrote in message
    > > Did you try this from the server itself?
    > > Any errors in the eventlogs?
    > > Tried a reboot?
    > >
    > > Marina
    > >
    > > "PBS" schreef in bericht
    > > > NT4 Server
    > > >
    > > > I attempted to go to the "User Manager for Domains" and received the

    > > message
    > > > "Could not find domain controller for this domain"
    > > >
    > > > I went to Control Panel / Services, and noticed several Services that

    > are
    > > > marked to start automatically were not started. I attempted to start

    > each
    > > > using the "START" button. In each case they failed, with a variety of
    > > > messages, as follows:
    > > >
    > > > 1. Could not start the COMPUTER BROWSER Service on \\servername
    > > > Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    > > >
    > > > 2. Could not start the MICROSOFT NETWORK Service on \\servername
    > > > Error 0002: The system cannot find the file specified.
    > > >
    > > > 3. Could not start the NET LOGON Service on \\servername
    > > > Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    > > >
    > > > 4. Could not start the REMOTE ADMINISTRATOR Service on \\servername
    > > > Cannot Load Library ADMDLL.dll [OK] following clicking [OK]
    > > > Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control

    function.

    > > > 5. Could not start the TCP/IP NetBIOS HANDLER Service on \\servername
    > > > Error 0003: The system cannot find the path specified.
    > > >
    > > > Any guidance on where to begin is appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Paul

+ Reply to Thread