Need to dupicate data to offsite server - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Need to dupicate data to offsite server - Windows NT ; Can someone recommend software to duplicate data drive ( advantage database, documents) to a server offsite connected through vpn? Both are windows 2003 server used as file and print server - no AD. It should back up open files and ...

  1. Need to dupicate data to offsite server

    Can someone recommend software to duplicate data drive ( advantage
    database, documents) to a server offsite connected through vpn? Both
    are windows 2003 server used as file and print server - no AD. It
    should back up open files and dupicate one way - active server to
    offsite server. Anyone have any experience with doubletake?

    Thanks

    Eric

  2. Re: Need to dupicate data to offsite server

    Are you looking to backup Exchange Server?

  3. Re: Need to dupicate data to offsite server

    netjustin

    No exchange - just an Advantage database and documents ( word, excel)
    and pictures.

    Eric

  4. Re: Need to dupicate data to offsite server

    On 16 Jan 2006 09:01:45 -0800, eric wrote in
    comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.misc:

    >Can someone recommend software to duplicate data drive ( advantage
    >database, documents) to a server offsite connected through vpn? Both
    >are windows 2003 server used as file and print server - no AD. It
    >should back up open files and dupicate one way - active server to
    >offsite server. Anyone have any experience with doubletake?

    Not with DoubleTake, but with RepliStor. I made some commenst in this
    thread:
    .

    I would be interested in whatever solution you select; please report
    back.

  5. Re: Need to dupicate data to offsite server

    Thanks Michael - I'll look into it.

    Eric

+ Reply to Thread