Running programs on user's computer - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Running programs on user's computer - Windows NT ; I am trying to run applications on the computers of users at my company. We are attempting to do this through an intranet web page with links to the applications. An example of a link I'm using is: href="file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Office/Office11/WINWORD.exe">Microsoft Word ...

  1. Running programs on user's computer

    I am trying to run applications on the computers of users at my
    company. We are attempting to do this through an intranet web page
    with links to the applications. An example of a link I'm using is:

    href="file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Office/Office11/WINWORD.exe">Microsoft
    Word

    I know this isn't an html group, but it was recommended I ask this on a
    windows group. Thanks for anything.

  2. Re: Running programs on user's computer

    GCronin82@gmail.com wrote...

    > >href="file:///C:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Office/Office11/WINWORD.exe">Mic

    rosoft
    >Word

    I don't think it will work.

    Imagine a web page having a button "click me to win a price"
    and the underlying html is href="file://C:/path/to/format.exe c:\."

  3. Re: Running programs on user's computer

    Harry wrote:

    > Imagine a web page having a button "click me to win a price"
    > and the underlying html is href="file://C:/path/to/format.exe c:\."

    Yeah... I thought that too. I was hoping there might be a way to set
    IE to allow all access from a specific IP or server/computer. Any
    other feedback, or other solution, would be great. Perhaps I can set
    up the web page to link to a psuedo FTP site that has shortcuts? Not
    really sure, just throwing things out. Any ideas on how to do this
    would be wonderful though.

    Thanks.
    Greg C

  4. Re: Running programs on user's computer

    GCronin82@gmail.com wrote...

    >Yeah... I thought that too. I was hoping there might be a way to set
    >IE to allow all access from a specific IP or server/computer. Any
    >other feedback, or other solution, would be great. Perhaps I can set
    >up the web page to link to a psuedo FTP site that has shortcuts? Not
    >really sure, just throwing things out. Any ideas on how to do this
    >would be wonderful though.

    The following is an example on how to launch Internet Explorer
    remotely and open a web site.

    c:\> psexec \\remote_pc at 13:00 /interactive "C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" http://www.google.com

    PsExec v1.43 - execute processes remotely
    Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Mark Russinovich
    www.sysinternals.com

    Added a new job with job ID = 1
    at exited on remote_pc with error code 0.

    c:\>

+ Reply to Thread