Imaging device recommendation - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Imaging device recommendation - Windows NT ; I would like to make a mirror image of a 30 gig hard drive on a weekly basis. Can someone recommend an external device/software to do this? Thanks...

  1. Imaging device recommendation

    I would like to make a mirror image of a 30 gig hard drive on a weekly
    basis. Can someone recommend an external device/software to do this?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Imaging device recommendation

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:17:16 GMT, mike@nospam.com (Mike) wrote:

    I forgot to add that the purpose for this is to be able to be able to
    replace the HD should it go bad suddenly. I have Windows XP.

    Thanks

    >I would like to make a mirror image of a 30 gig hard drive on a weekly
    >basis. Can someone recommend an external device/software to do this?
    >

    >Thanks

  3. Re: Imaging device recommendation

    Why not mirror it once and then backup your data and system state
    semi-weekly? You'd save a *lot* of space for it!

    Justin

  4. Re: Imaging device recommendation

    Actually, what you might want to do is to buy a RAID controller, add a
    second hard drive that meets or exceeds the capacity on the first one,
    and create a RAID 1 (mirror) array which works wonders in this
    particular application. Send me an e-mail if you need help:
    jcbrown@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread