ACL Collection - Windows NT

This is a discussion on ACL Collection - Windows NT ; Is there a tool that anyone's aware of to collect ACLs from distributed systems? If so, how scalable is it in your experiences? If not, what features would be nice to have if I could convince a large vendor to ...

  1. ACL Collection

    Is there a tool that anyone's aware of to collect ACLs from distributed
    systems? If so, how scalable is it in your experiences? If not, what
    features would be nice to have if I could convince a large vendor to
    write one?

  2. Re: ACL Collection

    Ok, I put it in comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security. I assumed that
    anyone who administers NT would be aware of such a tool, so I placed in
    in misc. Apologies.

  3. Re: ACL Collection

    Sorry, lost track of this thread. Thanks for the replies. I meant
    distributed as in 50Gb of files on server a, 50Gb of files on server b,
    200Gb of fles on server c, etc. etc. or distributed as in 100's of
    windows computers.

    I did come across Permission Analyzer, seems to be in the right
    direction.

    Does anyone know why there are not many tools of this sort out there?
    Is the task too hard? Storage too big? Latency in reporting? Other?

+ Reply to Thread