Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.misc
From: z...@volcanomail.com (Zeke Crater)
Date: 26 Mar 2004 13:03:02 -0800
Subject: 60 second delay after unlocking screen saver in XP

I run Windows XP (although this can also happen on Windows 2000 W2K
winxp). When I log in to my PC everything is normal. When I lock the
desktop or the screen saver locks the desk I hit to
unlock and enter my password. It takes exactly 60 seconds (exactly 1
minute) before the desktop appears.

The problem was caused by Timbuktu.

Timbuktu Pro for Windows, version 5.1, was installed for many months
with no trouble but then I added Remote Desktop to my PC and the
problem occurred.

Uninstalling Timbuktu solved the problem.