Cannot Format/Erase Media at Arcserve - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Cannot Format/Erase Media at Arcserve - Windows NT ; This is exactly an Arcserve problem. I am running Arcserve v9.0 (with SP1) on win2k (with SP4). At Arcserve decive manager I CAN mount and see the 8 DDS4 media in my autoloader. I right-click on one of them and ...

  1. Cannot Format/Erase Media at Arcserve

    This is exactly an Arcserve problem.

    I am running Arcserve v9.0 (with SP1) on win2k (with SP4). At Arcserve
    decive manager I CAN mount and see the 8 DDS4 media in my autoloader. I
    right-click on one of them and choose 'Format', and the format pop-up
    window apperas.

    However, there is no media I can choose from the window. It should list
    the 8 media in the magazine and let me choose the media I wanna format
    instead.

    Similar behaviour appears with 'Earse'.

    I definitely don't want to re-install the server because of this
    problem. I have re-installed Arcserve already.

    Please advise.

    John

  2. Re: Cannot Format/Erase Media at Arcserve

    Dear all,

    I called data-center and the operator said the magazine was
    write-protected.....
    Problem solved.

    Thanks for your attention.

+ Reply to Thread