How to see what dlls a program is using - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How to see what dlls a program is using - Windows NT ; Does anybody know a way of finding out what dlls are being used by an application? Even if the application may potentially load more dlls, is there a way to find out which are currently in use? Or else find ...

  1. How to see what dlls a program is using

    Does anybody know a way of finding out what dlls are being used by an
    application? Even if the application may potentially load more dlls, is
    there a way to find out which are currently in use? Or else find out
    what ddls it can potentially load?

    I have a program that behaves so different on two pc's that I suspect
    they are using different versions of some dlls, but checking them all
    leads nowhere since there will certainly be a host of dlls that are
    different for multiple reasons.

    Knowing what dlls the program is loading would reduce the number of
    dlls to check.

    Thanks
    Enrique

  2. Re: How to see what dlls a program is using

    wrote in message
    news:1123496836.611007.183760@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Does anybody know a way of finding out what dlls are being used by an
    > application? Even if the application may potentially load more dlls, is
    > there a way to find out which are currently in use? Or else find out
    > what ddls it can potentially load?
    >
    > I have a program that behaves so different on two pc's that I suspect
    > they are using different versions of some dlls, but checking them all
    > leads nowhere since there will certainly be a host of dlls that are
    > different for multiple reasons.
    >
    > Knowing what dlls the program is loading would reduce the number of
    > dlls to check.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Enrique

    there's one here: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ListDlls.html

    never tried it, though.

    bob

  3. Re: How to see what dlls a program is using

    enrio@online.no wrote:

    > Does anybody know a way of finding out what dlls are being used by an
    > application? Even if the application may potentially load more dlls, is
    > there a way to find out which are currently in use? Or else find out
    > what ddls it can potentially load?

    [...]

    http://www.dependencywalker.com/

    will also help you to find out what libraries an executeable file depends on.

    Stephan

+ Reply to Thread