Cannot access Sym AV, Vertias BE, Control Panel, IE, My Comp etc - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Cannot access Sym AV, Vertias BE, Control Panel, IE, My Comp etc - Windows NT ; I rebooted my Windows 2000 server and noticed when it reloaded that Symantec AV 8.0 was not auto-protecting. After tinkering with it for a while I noticed I was also uanble to open IE, Control Panel, backup Exec, browse with ...

  1. Cannot access Sym AV, Vertias BE, Control Panel, IE, My Comp etc

    I rebooted my Windows 2000 server and noticed when it reloaded that
    Symantec AV 8.0 was not auto-protecting. After tinkering with it for a
    while I noticed I was also uanble to open IE, Control Panel, backup
    Exec, browse with My Computer etc. There are not event viewer errors
    or messages. I cannot see what fixes and patches I have installed
    becuase I cannot access Control Panel. I also noticed that there were
    patches that needed applied by rebooting the server. I'm actually
    offsite now and do not have direct access to the server.

    Please provide any assistance if you can.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Cannot access Sym AV, Vertias BE, Control Panel, IE, My Comp etc

    dgallo@lazorpoint.com wrote...

    >I rebooted my Windows 2000 server and noticed when it reloaded that
    >Symantec AV 8.0 was not auto-protecting. After tinkering with it for a
    >while I noticed I was also uanble to open IE, Control Panel, backup
    >Exec, browse with My Computer etc. There are not event viewer errors
    >or messages. I cannot see what fixes and patches I have installed
    >becuase I cannot access Control Panel. I also noticed that there were
    >patches that needed applied by rebooting the server. I'm actually
    >offsite now and do not have direct access to the server.

    Browse to the following item:
    256. Restore the Control Panel ...

+ Reply to Thread