Explorer Does Not see Disk Drive - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Explorer Does Not see Disk Drive - Windows NT ; I have 2 disk drives (1 IDE & 1 SCSI) insallted on my WIN200 system and WIN2000 see both drives with no problems. When I bring up WIN XP Explorer only sees the IDE drive. But if I look under ...

  1. Explorer Does Not see Disk Drive

    I have 2 disk drives (1 IDE & 1 SCSI) insallted on my WIN200 system
    and WIN2000 see both drives with no problems. When I bring up WIN XP
    Explorer only sees the IDE drive. But if I look under Device Manager
    both drives appear. I can NOT access the SCSI drive under XP. Xp has
    no problems seeing my other SCSI devices (Tape Drive & CD-RW drive).

    Anybody have any suggestions?

  2. Re: Explorer Does Not see Disk Drive

    logged in as administrator
    Have you tried looking under Disk Management for a disk Not Initialized
    Right-click the disk you want to initialize, and then click Initialize Disk.
    In the Initialize Disk dialog box, select the disk(s) to initialize
    Quars

    "Old Wizard" wrote in message
    I have 2 disk drives (1 IDE & 1 SCSI) insallted on my WIN200 system
    and WIN2000 see both drives with no problems. When I bring up WIN XP
    Explorer only sees the IDE drive. But if I look under Device Manager
    both drives appear. I can NOT access the SCSI drive under XP. Xp has
    no problems seeing my other SCSI devices (Tape Drive & CD-RW drive).

    Anybody have any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread