We use CA-7 Agent to run NT command files (.cmd) in unattended batch
mode where nobody sees the console output.
We use to track the progress of the command files by using redirect
operators on each line of the command file.

Instead of changing each line of the command file, I have found it
easier to shell the command file from another command file shellnt.cmd
which redirect both SDTOUT - 1 and SDTERR -2 to a loggfile specified by
the second parameter.

REM SHELLNT.CMD
echo off
REM - SHELL AN NT BATCH C0MMAND FILE (%1) AND THEN RETURN WHEN COMPLETE
REM - REM LOG CONSOLE OUTPUT TO log specified by %2
REM - REDIRECT STANDARD ERROR (2) INTO STANDARD OUTPUT (1) the log
-"2>&1"
REM -
REM - EX SHELLNT e:\ii\agpp\batch\AGPPL010.cmd
e:\ii\agpp\agppl010.log P -
rem WHICH WILL RUN
AGPPL010.CMD WITH PARM P
REM AND LOG THE OUTPUT
TO AGPPL010.LOG
REM
REM - WHERE %1 IS COMMAND FILE (JOBNAME) you want to run
REM %2 is a log file
REM - %3 %4 %5 ARE Optional PARAMETERS passed to THE BATCH
COMMAND FILE
REM

echo on
rem this log file is used to track shellnt processing - the
applicaiton cmd file uses the file in %2
set LOGFN=shellnt.log
echo 1 - starting job %1 >%LOGFN%
echo 2- log %2 with: >>%LOGFN%
echo 3- %3 >>%LOGFN%
echo 4- %4 >>%LOGFN%
echo 5- %5 >>%LOGFN%

rem shell the application command file %1 and log to %2
rem note STDERR 2 is redirected to STDOUT 1 with 2>&1
CMD /C%1 %3 %4 %5 >%2 2>&1
rem
echo job %1 Done >>%LOGFN%
rem