DOS applications - Windows NT

This is a discussion on DOS applications - Windows NT ; Greetings everyone, I have some old DOS machines that run Autocad for DOS 12. There is an automated script that these machines use. The old machines are getting replaced but not fast enough and I need to get the applications ...

  1. DOS applications

    Greetings everyone,

    I have some old DOS machines that run Autocad for DOS 12. There is an
    automated script that these machines use. The old machines are getting
    replaced but not fast enough and I need to get the applications that are
    running on those boxes to run in windows (2000/xp). However, I need them
    to have access to network drives, but I can't have them authenticate. So I
    need, basically, a virtual PC that has access to the network drives via the
    HOSTS credentials but also access to the virtual C: drive. Hopefully that
    is not to obfuscated.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Oh also, the applications won't run in windows even in any of the
    compatibility modes. That is because autocad runs a weird memory manager
    plus there are some very strange video settings. So that option is out,
    thus the need for a virtual machine.

    Any advice would be great.

    Thanks,
    G. Samuel Hays