restore a disk image via the command line - Windows NT

This is a discussion on restore a disk image via the command line - Windows NT ; Hello, I'm looking for an imaging tool which allows me to restore a disk image via the command line so I could use it in a batch file. Any ideas? TIA Phil I hope this is the right Group to ...

  1. restore a disk image via the command line

    Hello,

    I'm looking for an imaging tool which allows me to restore a disk image
    via the command line so I could use it in a batch file.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Phil

    I hope this is the right Group to post this, if it isn't, please let me
    know the correct one

  2. Re: restore a disk image via the command line

    Phil wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for an imaging tool which allows me to restore a disk image
    > via the command line so I could use it in a batch file.

    I have a tool called 'rawcopy' that can do this.
    http://here.is/olof/w32apps.htm (scroll down to rawcopy.zip)

    Example, floppy image:
    rawcopy -ml floppy.img \\.\a:
    Disk partition image:
    rawcopy -ml diskpart.img \\.\d:

    etc.

    --
    Olof Lagerkvist sm6xmk
    ICQ: 724451 @ssa.se

  3. Re: restore a disk image via the command line

    That's huge and it has many limitations!-)))

    I have a program that's 1'533 bytes size and works everywhere. It was
    written many years ago, I'm thinking over 15 years ago, was published many
    times, but still works just great! If anybody wants I can put it on my site
    and publish a link here. It's using i21#25/26 to read write, comparing to
    FDA - Floppy Disk Analyzer that's using a low level access to the floppy
    drive controller it's simple but efficient.

    Just D.

    "Olof Lagerkvist" wrote in message
    > Phil wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm looking for an imaging tool which allows me to restore a disk image
    >> via the command line so I could use it in a batch file.

    > I have a tool called 'rawcopy' that can do this.
    > http://here.is/olof/w32apps.htm (scroll down to rawcopy.zip)
    >
    > Example, floppy image:
    > rawcopy -ml floppy.img \\.\a:
    > Disk partition image:
    > rawcopy -ml diskpart.img \\.\d:
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > --
    > Olof Lagerkvist sm6xmk
    > ICQ: 724451 @ssa.se
    > Web: http://here.is/olof

  4. Re: restore a disk image via the command line

    Just D. wrote:

    > That's huge and it has many limitations!-)))
    >
    > I have a program that's 1'533 bytes size and works everywhere. It was
    > written many years ago, I'm thinking over 15 years ago, was published many
    > times, but still works just great! If anybody wants I can put it on my site
    > and publish a link here. It's using i21#25/26 to read write, comparing to
    > FDA - Floppy Disk Analyzer that's using a low level access to the floppy
    > drive controller it's simple but efficient.

    DOS applications are off-topic in this group. I was talking about Win32
    applications to read/write disk image files to physical disks/partitions.

    --
    Olof Lagerkvist
    ICQ: 724451

  5. Re: restore a disk image via the command line

    Show us the link :-)

    Joe
    "Just D." wrote in message
    > That's huge and it has many limitations!-)))
    >
    > I have a program that's 1'533 bytes size and works everywhere. It was
    > written many years ago, I'm thinking over 15 years ago, was published many
    > times, but still works just great! If anybody wants I can put it on my
    > site and publish a link here. It's using i21#25/26 to read write,
    > comparing to FDA - Floppy Disk Analyzer that's using a low level access to
    > the floppy drive controller it's simple but efficient.
    >
    > Just D.
    >
    > "Olof Lagerkvist" wrote in message
    >> Phil wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I'm looking for an imaging tool which allows me to restore a disk image
    >>> via the command line so I could use it in a batch file.

    >> I have a tool called 'rawcopy' that can do this.
    >> http://here.is/olof/w32apps.htm (scroll down to rawcopy.zip)
    >>
    >> Example, floppy image:
    >> rawcopy -ml floppy.img \\.\a:
    >> Disk partition image: