Defragmentation - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Defragmentation - Windows NT ; How often should I defragment my server? Is the one that comes with Server '03 sufficient?...

  1. Defragmentation

    How often should I defragment my server? Is the one that comes with Server
    '03 sufficient?

  2. Re: Defragmentation

    I didn't use to defrag frequently but after I purchased a third party
    defrag program, I have been doing it daily. I have it on schedule and it
    automatically runs in the background.

  3. Re: Defragmentation

    once a month it's enough, and you can stay with it.
    --
    WinSysBee Support Team
    http://www.winsysbee.com

    "cando" wrote in message
    news:534ed7cece3888b714c2130088094ee1@localhost.ta lkaboutcomputing.com...
    > How often should I defragment my server? Is the one that comes with
    > Server
    > '03 sufficient?

  4. Re: Defragmentation

    Upon researching it myself I found this article that makes some interesting
    arguements to defrag on a regular basis, even daily. Anybody have some
    feedback on it?

    "Is Daily Defragmentation Needed in Today’s Environment?"

    http://itresearch.forbes.com/data/se...12&SUBMIT.y=10

  5. Re: Defragmentation

    The only possible answer is "it depends".

    --
    #include
    _

  6. Re: Defragmentation

    What would it depend on? Is there some reason why I wouldn't want to
    defrag on a regular basis, to keep things running quickly and smoothly?

+ Reply to Thread