NT service not shown in Task Manager - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT service not shown in Task Manager - Windows NT ; Hi All, Is it possible to NT service which is started but not visible in Task Manager. Is there any setting which makes NT service, not visible in Task Manager. or in what senarioes this could happen. I have one ...

  1. NT service not shown in Task Manager

    Hi All,
    Is it possible to NT service which is started but not visible in
    Task Manager.
    Is there any setting which makes NT service, not visible in Task
    Manager.

    or in what senarioes this could happen.

    I have one service which starts does it work , but its entry is not
    seen in TaskManager.

    Is the any way so that service is seen in Task Manager.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Vijay

  2. Re: NT service not shown in Task Manager

    vijaypatil78@yahoo.com (Vijay) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi All,
    > Is it possible to NT service which is started but not visible in
    > Task Manager.
    > Is there any setting which makes NT service, not visible in Task
    > Manager.
    >
    > or in what senarioes this could happen.
    >
    > I have one service which starts does it work , but its entry is not
    > seen in TaskManager.
    >
    > Is the any way so that service is seen in Task Manager.
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Vijay

    What im trying to say is .exe corresponding to that service is not
    shown in TaskManager

    Regards,
    Vijay

  3. Re: NT service not shown in Task Manager

    Vijay wrote...

    >Hi All,
    > Is it possible to NT service which is started but not visible in
    >Task Manager.
    >Is there any setting which makes NT service, not visible in Task
    >Manager.

    Task manager lists processes. Not all processes are services.

    Try "pstools" which contains pslist & psservice (plus more) from here.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../pstools.shtml

    pslist -- will list all process
    psservice -- will list all services

+ Reply to Thread