WinHex shows clear passwords from Pagefile.sys !!? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on WinHex shows clear passwords from Pagefile.sys !!? - Windows NT ; Hello all, Using WinHex 11, I've done a search on passwords I use frequently. WinHex has found some in PageFile.Sys. Is this a security risk ??? Thanks...

  1. WinHex shows clear passwords from Pagefile.sys !!?

    Hello all,

    Using WinHex 11, I've done a search on passwords I use frequently.
    WinHex has found some in PageFile.Sys.

    Is this a security risk ???

    Thanks

  2. Re: WinHex shows clear passwords from Pagefile.sys !!?

    microcode2004@hotmail.com (?code) wrote in message news:<480bd64a.0410280222.e280455@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Using WinHex 11, I've done a search on passwords I use frequently.
    > WinHex has found some in PageFile.Sys.
    >
    > Is this a security risk ???
    >
    > Thanks

    Stupid question !!!

    But... Yes, It is a security risk !

    I've heard that It were possible to force Windows XP operating system
    to work in RAM only, like this it does not write any sensitive data to
    pagefile.sys. Could anyone from Microsoft confirm this and let us know
    how to force the OS to reside *only* in RAM ?

    Thank you if anyone dares to answer

    See you

+ Reply to Thread