Hi -

We have a file server that ran out of disk space. The server have 3
scsi hard disk configured as RAID5. We add another hard drive to the
RAID Array, then use NT Disk Administrator to expand the existing
partition by create a Volume set. From what I understand NT Volume Set
has no fault tolerant, if we lose one hard disk on the RAID5 array, we
will lose all data. But someone told me that I will not lose any data,
because the server has hardware level RAID5. The OS doesn't even know
that one hard drive failed. Does anyone have any experience with the
similar setup ? Can you shed some light on this topic ?