    TIA

    Patrick

  2. Re: FTP on Win2000 server

    On 2004-10-09, Patrick Reany wrote:

    > I am running FTP on a Win2000 server. I want to allow only domain
    > users to have access to the users share. It works, but only if I give
    > full control to the domain users on the user directory permissions. I
    > don't mind them have full control on their own folder inside of users,
    > but I wanted to give only read access to all domain users on the users
    > folder itself. Can I fix this problem?

    Ugh. ftp is a major security concern, even on a local network. Why not
    use something safer like "WinSCP" (http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/) or
    "PuTTY" (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/) using the
    pscp or psftp programs?

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: FTP on Win2000 server

    Get Serv-U from Cat-soft. You can do what you want and no security
    concerns. Even better, you get rapid-response support.

    --
    #include
    _

+ Reply to Thread