cmd history - Windows NT

This is a discussion on cmd history - Windows NT ; hi group i have 4 w2k and 2 w2k3 servers and one silly question... is there a possibilty to get a real cmd history like a bash has??? it seems that everytime i close my cmd the hole history file ...

  1. cmd history

    hi group

    i have 4 w2k and 2 w2k3 servers and one silly question...
    is there a possibilty to get a real cmd history like a bash has???

    it seems that everytime i close my cmd the hole history file gets
    dumped...

    tux is my friend, so i installed a bash but there are problems with
    paths, backslashes etc...

    does anyone know about a reg hack, another (full featured - like cmd
    ;-))shell or anything else that gives this feature to me.

    thanx
    kilian

  2. Re: cmd history

    On 2004-09-20, kilian stolz wrote:

    > i have 4 w2k and 2 w2k3 servers and one silly question...
    > is there a possibilty to get a real cmd history like a bash has???
    >
    > it seems that everytime i close my cmd the hole history file gets
    > dumped...
    >
    > tux is my friend, so i installed a bash but there are problems with
    > paths, backslashes etc...
    >
    > does anyone know about a reg hack, another (full featured - like cmd
    > ;-))shell or anything else that gives this feature to me.

    How about "4NT"?

    http://www.jpsoft.com/4ntdes.htm

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: cmd history

    John Thompson wrote in message news:...
    > On 2004-09-20, kilian stolz wrote:
    >
    > > i have 4 w2k and 2 w2k3 servers and one silly question...
    > > is there a possibilty to get a real cmd history like a bash has???
    > >
    > > it seems that everytime i close my cmd the hole history file gets
    > > dumped...
    > >
    > > tux is my friend, so i installed a bash but there are problems with
    > > paths, backslashes etc...
    > >
    > > does anyone know about a reg hack, another (full featured - like cmd
    > > ;-))shell or anything else that gives this feature to me.

    > How about "4NT"?
    >
    > http://www.jpsoft.com/4ntdes.htm

    doesnt work for me.

    i need a free software, cause i have about 3000 servers in the
    backgroud, so ~50$ per server would be quite expensive...

    the second thing in this software is, that, as far as i can see,
    commands are not added per default to the history file, like linux
    bash does.
    if i have to kick off a command after every step i am doing it would
    be easier to cut'n paste them to a wordpad ... ;-)

    regards
    kilian

+ Reply to Thread