I have a server which is generating multiple instances of the above
Events in Event Viewer each day. We are running Windows 2000 SP4, and SQL
Server 2000.

It is an IBM Netfinity 6000, with a IBM ServeRAID 3L controller, 5 x
36GB drives configured in a RAID 5 array. I have checked the hardware
thoroughly ( firmware, BIOS, driver revisions etc) and extracted low
level log files from the RAID controller which would show most
hardware failures, and IBM has viewed these and told me the hardware
is fine.

The first event, ID 51, displays the following info:

Event ID: 51, Source: Disk, Type: Warning, Catagory:None.
"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging
operation"

We are receiving the above error up to 20 times a day.

The second event, ID 50, displays the following info:

Event ID: 50, Source: Ftdisk, Type: Warning, Catagory: None
"{Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to transfer file
data from buffers to \Device\HarddiskVolume1. The write operation failed,
and only some of the data may have been written to the file"

I'm getting this message about once per day.

The problem appears when working with large files > 1GB in size, such
as a database dump or just copying large files.

I'm in a situation where MS Knowledge Base tells me hardware and the
hardware and hardware vendor tell me software. Has anyone experienced
these events in this manner before? I would greatly appreciate any
assistance with this.