Windows Installer and .msi files - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Windows Installer and .msi files - Windows NT ; Is there an online resource that explains Windows Installer and .msi files in words of one syllable? In detail? Prefer an overview or tutorial rather than "if you get this error message then do this." I already did a Google ...

  1. Windows Installer and .msi files

    Is there an online resource that explains Windows Installer and .msi
    files in words of one syllable? In detail? Prefer an overview or
    tutorial rather than "if you get this error message then do this."

    I already did a Google web search but didn't find anything useful.

    I'm studying for the Windows 2000 Pro certification exam (70-210) and
    that one subject is killing me on practice tests.

    The O'Reilly "Windows 2000 MCSE In A Nutshell" book doesn't mention
    the subject at all and the explanation in the New Ryders "MCSE Windows
    2000 Professional Training Guide" doesn't go into nearly as much
    detail as the sample test questions.

    I already have a Windows NT MCSE, a degree in computer science,
    and 20 years of experience with computers so I ought to be able to
    learn this :-(

    --
    Get rid of Junk Email:
    http://www.tincher.to/

  2. Re: Windows Installer and .msi files

    Get hold off office 2000 resource kit

    explains msi , mst

    mspress books

    "Rex Tincher" wrote in message

    > Is there an online resource that explains Windows Installer and .msi
    > files in words of one syllable? In detail? Prefer an overview or
    > tutorial rather than "if you get this error message then do this."
    >
    > I already did a Google web search but didn't find anything useful.
    >
    > I'm studying for the Windows 2000 Pro certification exam (70-210) and
    > that one subject is killing me on practice tests.
    >
    > The O'Reilly "Windows 2000 MCSE In A Nutshell" book doesn't mention
    > the subject at all and the explanation in the New Ryders "MCSE Windows
    > 2000 Professional Training Guide" doesn't go into nearly as much
    > detail as the sample test questions.
    >
    > I already have a Windows NT MCSE, a degree in computer science,
    > and 20 years of experience with computers so I ought to be able to
    > learn this :-(
    >
    > --
    > Get rid of Junk Email:
    > http://www.tincher.to/