I know from experience and looking at these threads that NT 4 roaming
profiles just don't work, or work intermittently. I don't think the
bugs in NT 4 are going to be fixed now, such as constantly resetting
the location for the IE cache to fill up the maximum space in the
wrong place.

So I'm hoping that there is a solution for putting them SOMEWHERE
ELSE. NT creates a C: partition of 2 GB and insists on saving roaming
profiles there. The D: partition is huge and empty, but one can at
least install applications there (Office etc).

But is it possible to change the directory on the workstation where
the roaming profiles go, so that they go on the D: partition for
example? I've been advised that it can be done by someone who can't
remember how.