Restricting access - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Restricting access - Windows NT ; Is there any way to allow access through RAS for computers belonging to a certain domain/group only. (i.e. only computers belonging to a certain domain can call in through RAS and successfully connect). I know you can restrict users belonging ...

  1. Restricting access

    Is there any way to allow access through RAS for computers
    belonging to a certain domain/group only. (i.e. only
    computers belonging to a certain domain can call in
    through RAS and successfully connect). I know you can
    restrict users belonging to a certain group but what about
    computers?
    Regards
    Peter

  2. Re: Restricting access

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:11:29 +0100, "Peak" wrote:

    >Is there any way to allow access through RAS for computers
    >belonging to a certain domain/group only. (i.e. only
    >computers belonging to a certain domain can call in
    >through RAS and successfully connect). I know you can
    >restrict users belonging to a certain group but what about
    >computers?
    >Regards
    >Peter

    If you can't find another way, you could run a firewall and restrict who can
    get to the RAS application ports by ip address...

  3. Re: Restricting access

    Are you running XP Pro. If so, you can restrict anyone from accessing
    anything.

    "daytripper" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:11:29 +0100, "Peak" wrote:
    >
    > >Is there any way to allow access through RAS for computers
    > >belonging to a certain domain/group only. (i.e. only
    > >computers belonging to a certain domain can call in
    > >through RAS and successfully connect). I know you can
    > >restrict users belonging to a certain group but what about
    > >computers?
    > >Regards
    > >Peter

    > If you can't find another way, you could run a firewall and restrict who

    can
    > get to the RAS application ports by ip address...

  4. Re: Restricting access

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:17:23 -0500, "Len West" wrote:

    >"daytripper" wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:11:29 +0100, "Peak" wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is there any way to allow access through RAS for computers
    >> >belonging to a certain domain/group only. (i.e. only
    >> >computers belonging to a certain domain can call in
    >> >through RAS and successfully connect). I know you can
    >> >restrict users belonging to a certain group but what about
    >> >computers?
    >> >Regards
    >> >Peter

    >> If you can't find another way, you could run a firewall and restrict who

    >can
    >> get to the RAS application ports by ip address...

    >Are you running XP Pro. If so, you can restrict anyone from accessing
    >anything.

    You missed it: XP Pro will allow "per user" ACL, but I'm not aware of it
    authenticating by IP address. He needs something more...

    /daytripper

+ Reply to Thread