restart/reboot the computer - Windows NT

This is a discussion on restart/reboot the computer - Windows NT ; Hi all, I have a tool that after it is finishes it's job the computer needs to be restarted. Is there a Windows function that I can call (for Win2k,xp,2003) that shows the restart dialog? (something similar like the dialog ...

  1. restart/reboot the computer

    Hi all,

    I have a tool that after it is finishes it's job the computer needs to
    be restarted. Is there a Windows function that I can call (for
    Win2k,xp,2003) that shows the restart dialog? (something similar like
    the dialog from the installation programs that ask you to restart now
    or later and by selecting reboot now the computer is restarted)?

    Thx in advance,
    Viv

  2. [OT] Re: restart/reboot windows

    "vc" wrote in message
    news:11e7a684.0401080536.12780353@posting.google.c om...

    ExitWindowsEx()

    try msdn.microsoft.com

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a tool that after it is finishes it's job the computer needs to
    > be restarted. Is there a Windows function that I can call (for
    > Win2k,xp,2003) that shows the restart dialog? (something similar like
    > the dialog from the installation programs that ask you to restart now
    > or later and by selecting reboot now the computer is restarted)?
    >
    > Thx in advance,
    > Viv

  3. Re: [OT] Re: restart/reboot windows

    Works! Thx a lot!

    Viv

    On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:02:13 GMT, "Bryan Bullard"
    wrote :

    >"vc" wrote in message
    >news:11e7a684.0401080536.12780353@posting.google.c om...
    >
    >ExitWindowsEx()
    >
    >try msdn.microsoft.com
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a tool that after it is finishes it's job the computer needs to
    >> be restarted. Is there a Windows function that I can call (for
    >> Win2k,xp,2003) that shows the restart dialog? (something similar like
    >> the dialog from the installation programs that ask you to restart now
    >> or later and by selecting reboot now the computer is restarted)?
    >>
    >> Thx in advance,
    >> Viv

+ Reply to Thread