find out if the app is run by admin - Windows NT

This is a discussion on find out if the app is run by admin - Windows NT ; Hi all, I have an application that I want to be run only by admin. So first thing I have to do is to find out if the current user is admin. I know that there is a Windows function ...

  1. find out if the app is run by admin

    Hi all,

    I have an application that I want to be run only by admin. So first
    thing I have to do is to find out if the current user is admin. I know
    that there is a Windows function to find this out, but I can not
    remember how is it called.

    Can somebody help me please?
    Thx,
    Viv

  2. Re: find out if the app is run by admin

    Browse MSDN for GetTokenInformation and friends.

    --
    Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
    StorageCraft Corporation

    "vc" wrote in message
    news:11e7a684.0401080516.384f766f@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an application that I want to be run only by admin. So first
    > thing I have to do is to find out if the current user is admin. I know
    > that there is a Windows function to find this out, but I can not
    > remember how is it called.
    >
    > Can somebody help me please?
    > Thx,
    > Viv

  3. Re: find out if the app is run by admin

    If you're targetting Windows 2000 or later, try IsUserAnAdmin.

    PS: A Windows-specific newsgroup, such as
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, is better than alt.os.development for
    these types of questions.

    --
    Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
    http://www.themobius.co.uk/

    "vc" wrote in message
    news:11e7a684.0401080516.384f766f@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an application that I want to be run only by admin. So first
    > thing I have to do is to find out if the current user is admin. I know
    > that there is a Windows function to find this out, but I can not
    > remember how is it called.
    >
    > Can somebody help me please?
    > Thx,
    > Viv