NTbackup run in background - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NTbackup run in background - Windows NT ; I have a batch file for Ntbackup and use AT command for schedule batch. (with /interactive option). When tape is full, asking for a second tape, the Ntbackup.exe process keeps running in background mode and I cannot get to bring ...

  1. NTbackup run in background

    I have a batch file for Ntbackup and use AT command for schedule
    batch. (with /interactive option).
    When tape is full, asking for a second tape, the Ntbackup.exe process
    keeps running in background mode and I cannot get to bring the process
    to front.

    Command line: at 23:00 /interactive "c:\winnt\bkp_diff.bat"

    Contents Ntbackup batch file:
    ntbackup backup L:\Public /hcn /t differential /v /d "Backup
    diferencial" /l "%Arq_Log%.Log"

    Anyone could help me??

    Thanks

    Kiko

  2. Re: NTbackup run in background

    Kiko wrote:
    > I have a batch file for Ntbackup and use AT command for schedule
    > batch. (with /interactive option).
    > When tape is full, asking for a second tape, the Ntbackup.exe process
    > keeps running in background mode and I cannot get to bring the process
    > to front.
    >
    > Command line: at 23:00 /interactive "c:\winnt\bkp_diff.bat"
    >
    > Contents Ntbackup batch file:
    > ntbackup backup L:\Public /hcn /t differential /v /d "Backup
    > diferencial" /l "%Arq_Log%.Log"
    >
    > Anyone could help me??
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kiko

    I can't answer this question, but I have a similar problem.
    Our company backups were schedualed to run via the task schedular, and
    they stopped running after installation of the Blaster patch back in
    August..

    A batch file schedualed with at fixed the problem, but I'm still curious
    as to why this may have happened.

    Other programs run fine via task schedular, but NTBackup is not a fan.

+ Reply to Thread