Hi,

I have a problem with Backup Exec 9.0 rev 4454

The backup fails with the following error

Job ended: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 at 1:09:08 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error code: a000fe30 HEX
Final error description: A communications failure has occurred.

Final error category: Server Errors

Errors
Backup - \\BACKUPLOCALSERVER\System?State The connection to target
system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

The system is backing only itself up and has no SQL or Exchange on the
system.

I have made sure of the following :-

The Credentials are correct, I have even changed them a few times from
Localsystem, to a new account called backup with it being a member of
Domain Admins, Domain Users, Backup Operators, Administrators.

I can't find anything on Veritas site regarding this issue with a
standalone machine, it all refers to Remote Machines.

There is one post from June this year quoting almost the same problem
but nobody replied to him, I'm hoping this post will be a bit more
successful!

Cheers

Rich