Closing a com port - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Closing a com port - Windows NT ; I can't use my modem at the moment - apparently because the com port it uses is open. I would like to close it if a way exists which does not involve shutting down my PC! I've looked through everything ...

  1. Closing a com port

    I can't use my modem at the moment - apparently because the com port
    it uses is open. I would like to close it if a way exists which does
    not involve shutting down my PC! I've looked through everything I
    could think of and found nothing (I'm using win2000) so any help most
    welcome.

    Jeremy

  2. Re: Closing a com port

    On 30 Nov 2003 20:08:04 -0800, jgm56@student.canterbury.ac.nz (Jeremy)
    wrote:

    >I can't use my modem at the moment - apparently because the com port
    >it uses is open. I would like to close it if a way exists which does
    >not involve shutting down my PC! I've looked through everything I
    >could think of and found nothing (I'm using win2000) so any help most
    >welcome.
    >
    >Jeremy

    It normally means the OS thinks the comm port is in use by another
    program, and in may experience this is often not the case. It seems
    the only resolution, if this is a permanant situation is to reload the
    OS.

    Regards

    Dayman

+ Reply to Thread