which good tools to monitor disk space - Windows NT

This is a discussion on which good tools to monitor disk space - Windows NT ; Hi All, I am new in NT admin and I need to monitor a certain disk folder everyday. Are there any tools that can generate a simple report that can show the disk usage? I do not need to know ...

  1. which good tools to monitor disk space

    Hi All,
    I am new in NT admin and I need to monitor a certain disk folder everyday.
    Are there any tools that can generate a simple report that can show the disk
    usage? I do not need to know which file but at least disk free and disk
    usage.Do you know are there any tools can do this and free?
    Thanks...

  2. Re: which good tools to monitor disk space

    Mike wrote...

    >Hi All,
    >I am new in NT admin and I need to monitor a certain disk folder everyday.
    >Are there any tools that can generate a simple report that can show the disk
    >usage? I do not need to know which file but at least disk free and disk
    >usage.Do you know are there any tools can do this and free?
    >Thanks...

    W2K Resource Kit has a util "diruse" which can tell you the disk usage.

    You can d/l this tool from MS.

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...atform/diruse/
    1.00.0.1/NT5/EN-US/diruse_setup.exe

    For free space, the "dir" command will show you the free space
    of a drive.

    For example:

    C:\Program Files> for /f "delims=\" %i in ('dir /a:d /b') do
    diruse /m "%i" >> usage.txt

    -- usage.txt --
    Size (mb) Files Directory
    1.88 17 SUB-TOTAL: ANALOG DEVICES