ntfs; please help - Windows NT

This is a discussion on ntfs; please help - Windows NT ; today my windows XP goes bad. I turn it on and it get's to loading screen after what he only restarts. i tryed safe mode, normal mode,... nothing works, every time only restarts. than i tryed to put hdd into ...

  1. ntfs; please help

    today my windows XP goes bad. I turn it on and it get's to loading screen
    after what he only restarts. i tryed safe mode, normal mode,... nothing
    works, every time only restarts. than i tryed to put hdd into other
    computer. he is recognized but in win explorer only writes that it is not
    formated. after that i tryed accesing the hdd with some ntfs dos programs
    that read all the data but I can't copy it on my primary hdd because they
    are shareware. I even tryed that R-Studio that works in win but he is also
    demo so i can copy files only to 64k size. is there some free full program
    that can help me. please help me because i have some importans AutoCAD files
    on that drive and the last backup i have done is from last week and there
    was some big modifications.
    P.S. one guy told me that all this ntfs programs can't recover files that
    are under WinXP because the version on that OS is v5, and theese programs
    only work ok with v4. is that throu.
    thanks.

  2. Re: ntfs; please help

    Geronimo wrote:
    > today my windows XP goes bad. I turn it on and it get's to loading screen
    > after what he only restarts. i tryed safe mode, normal mode,... nothing
    > works, every time only restarts. than i tryed to put hdd into other
    > computer. he is recognized but in win explorer only writes that it is not
    > formated. after that i tryed accesing the hdd with some ntfs dos programs
    > that read all the data but I can't copy it on my primary hdd because they
    > are shareware. I even tryed that R-Studio that works in win but he is also
    > demo so i can copy files only to 64k size. is there some free full program
    > that can help me. please help me because i have some importans AutoCAD files
    > on that drive and the last backup i have done is from last week and there
    > was some big modifications.

    You can try Knoppix:

    http://www.knoppix.net/

    It's a CD-only bootable Linux system that can read NTFS partitions.

    > P.S. one guy told me that all this ntfs programs can't recover files that
    > are under WinXP because the version on that OS is v5, and theese programs
    > only work ok with v4. is that throu.
    > thanks.

    I've used it on WinNT and Win2000 machines. Don't know if it reads WinXP
    NTFS partitions.

    Regards,
    --
    To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
    in the given address: m.collado -> mcollado

+ Reply to Thread