map floppy drive to directory - Windows NT

This is a discussion on map floppy drive to directory - Windows NT ; Hi there, our ICT dept has removed floppy stations from our WinNT4 workstations. But we use a (DOS) program that writes data to drive A: Writing to drive A: is hardcoded, and since the software is validated, we cannot change ...

  1. map floppy drive to directory

    Hi there,

    our ICT dept has removed floppy stations from our WinNT4 workstations.
    But we use a (DOS) program that writes data to drive A: Writing to
    drive A: is hardcoded, and since the software is validated, we cannot
    change the it.

    Is there any way to map drive A: to a directory on C:\?
    Or are there any other options to re-oute the writing to drive A: to a
    location on the harddisk?

    Ray

  2. Re: map floppy drive to directory

    Ray wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > our ICT dept has removed floppy stations from our WinNT4 workstations.
    > But we use a (DOS) program that writes data to drive A: Writing to
    > drive A: is hardcoded, and since the software is validated, we cannot
    > change the it.
    >
    > Is there any way to map drive A: to a directory on C:\?
    > Or are there any other options to re-oute the writing to drive A: to a
    > location on the harddisk?

    SUBST /?

    Regards,
    --
    To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
    in the given address: m.collado -> mcollado

  3. Re: map floppy drive to directory

    Manuel Collado wrote in message news:<3FC329AC.5070703@lml.ls.fi.upm.es>...
    > Ray wrote:
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > our ICT dept has removed floppy stations from our WinNT4 workstations.
    > > But we use a (DOS) program that writes data to drive A: Writing to
    > > drive A: is hardcoded, and since the software is validated, we cannot
    > > change the it.
    > >
    > > Is there any way to map drive A: to a directory on C:\?
    > > Or are there any other options to re-oute the writing to drive A: to a
    > > location on the harddisk?

    > SUBST /?
    >
    > Regards,

    No, I think I need just the other way around: I need to have a virtual
    drive A: (since the actual drive is not present) which is represented
    by a directory under C:, e.g. C:\drive_A

    Ray

  4. Re: map floppy drive to directory

    On 26 Nov 2003 09:49:42 -0800, r_vanbeek@hotmail.com (Ray) wrote:

    >Manuel Collado wrote in message news:<3FC329AC.5070703@lml.ls.fi.upm.es>...
    >> Ray wrote:
    >> > Hi there,
    >> >
    >> > our ICT dept has removed floppy stations from our WinNT4 workstations.
    >> > But we use a (DOS) program that writes data to drive A: Writing to
    >> > drive A: is hardcoded, and since the software is validated, we cannot
    >> > change the it.
    >> >
    >> > Is there any way to map drive A: to a directory on C:\?
    >> > Or are there any other options to re-oute the writing to drive A: to a
    >> > location on the harddisk?

    >> SUBST /?
    >>
    >> Regards,

    >No, I think I need just the other way around: I need to have a virtual
    >drive A: (since the actual drive is not present) which is represented
    >by a directory under C:, e.g. C:\drive_A
    >
    >Ray

    Sounds exactly like what you need. Try:
    subst a: c:\drive_a

    This should create a virtual drive A: mapped to c:\drive_a

    -Chris

+ Reply to Thread