Partitions - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Partitions - Windows NT ; Hi, Sometime ago I've installed on C: Windows Xp, yesterday I've installed Windows2000 on D:. Now Windows XP doesn't start thus...is there a way to repair the boot of windows xp? Thanks....

  1. Partitions

    Hi,
    Sometime ago I've installed on C: Windows Xp, yesterday I've installed
    Windows2000 on D:.
    Now Windows XP doesn't start thus...is there a way to repair the boot of
    windows xp?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Partitions

    4N wrote...

    >Hi,
    >Sometime ago I've installed on C: Windows Xp, yesterday I've installed
    >Windows2000 on D:.
    >Now Windows XP doesn't start thus...is there a way to repair the boot of
    >windows xp?

    edit the c:\boot.ini so it has two entries, like these.

    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WinNT="XP"
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WinNT="W2K"

+ Reply to Thread