    Regards,
    Daniel

  2. Re: Primary partition

    On 2003-11-19, Daniel Tan wrote:

    > I have SCSI drive, and it is partition into 2 . But both partitions
    > are being marked as primary partition, is it normal ? isn;t that one
    > is primary , the other is logical partition ? Pls advise.

    You have to decide what type of partition (primary or logical) when you
    create the partition. It is possible to have up to four primary
    partitions on a single physical device, but only one can be "active" at
    any given time. One of those primary partitions can be defined as an
    extended partition, which in turn can contain an arbitrary number of
    logical partitions.

    Partition Magic can convert a logical partition into a primary and
    vice-versa if deleting and recreating your partitions is not an option.

    --

    -John (JohnThompson@new.rr.com)

  3. Re: Primary partition

    John, i tried to mirror my logical partiton on hard drive 1 to logical
    partitionon drive 2, but it won't let me mirror. The establish mirror
    menu is dimmed. Anyway to do it ?

    Regards,
    Daniel

    John Thompson wrote in message news:...
    > On 2003-11-19, Daniel Tan wrote:
    >
    > > I have SCSI drive, and it is partition into 2 . But both partitions
    > > are being marked as primary partition, is it normal ? isn;t that one
    > > is primary , the other is logical partition ? Pls advise.

    > You have to decide what type of partition (primary or logical) when you
    > create the partition. It is possible to have up to four primary
    > partitions on a single physical device, but only one can be "active" at
    > any given time. One of those primary partitions can be defined as an
    > extended partition, which in turn can contain an arbitrary number of
    > logical partitions.
    >
    > Partition Magic can convert a logical partition into a primary and
    > vice-versa if deleting and recreating your partitions is not an option.

+ Reply to Thread