How to search effective rights per goup on NT4 domain - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How to search effective rights per goup on NT4 domain - Windows NT ; Hi, I'm a systemsadministrator and like to query the effective rights on a WindowsNT4 server. So far I'm (of course) able to find which users are a member of a group and vice versa. Now I looking for the effective ...

  1. How to search effective rights per goup on NT4 domain

    Hi,

    I'm a systemsadministrator and like to query the effective rights on a
    WindowsNT4 server.
    So far I'm (of course) able to find which users are a member of a group and
    vice versa.

    Now I looking for the effective rights of a group. Eg: Where does a group
    actualy have rights (on which folder and with what rights)?

    As far as I know there are no standard tools available to execute such a
    query.

    Can anyone help me solve this riddle?

    Thanks in advance en kind regards,

    Tim

  2. Re: How to search effective rights per goup on NT4 domain

    try dumpacl from somarsoft http://www.somarsoft.com/
    gives all kinds of security information

    "Tim van Dijk" wrote in message
    news:3fb3603f$0$247$4d4ebb8e@read.news.nl.uu.net.. .
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a systemsadministrator and like to query the effective rights on a
    > WindowsNT4 server.
    > So far I'm (of course) able to find which users are a member of a group

    and
    > vice versa.
    >
    > Now I looking for the effective rights of a group. Eg: Where does a group
    > actualy have rights (on which folder and with what rights)?
    >
    > As far as I know there are no standard tools available to execute such a
    > query.
    >
    > Can anyone help me solve this riddle?
    >
    > Thanks in advance en kind regards,
    >
    > Tim