NT 4.0 and USB? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on NT 4.0 and USB? - Windows NT ; Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered. With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are there any USB cards/drivers ...

  1. NT 4.0 and USB?

    Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered.
    With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to
    be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are
    there any USB cards/drivers out there that will work without requiring
    a total restructure of the registry?

    Thank you,
    JFH

  2. Re: NT 4.0 and USB?

    John Huesman wrote:

    >Greetings, and aplogies if this has already been covered.
    >With the expansion of USB-only devices on the market, I would like to
    >be able to keep my NT4 Workstation but use some of these devices. Are
    >there any USB cards/drivers out there that will work without requiring
    >a total restructure of the registry?

    As a rule, NT4 does not support USB. Some manufacturers (iOmega for
    example, I think) have written USB drivers for their own products that
    actually work but ONLY with those. You don't have generic USB support.

    JK'03

+ Reply to Thread