Please recommend a backup tool for a w2k server that burns a crash restoration CD - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Please recommend a backup tool for a w2k server that burns a crash restoration CD - Windows NT ; I've been out of the loop for a while and suddenly need a recommendation for server backup software. The w2k server has a CD burner on it and I want to be able to burn a bootable CD that will ...

  1. Please recommend a backup tool for a w2k server that burns a crash restoration CD

    I've been out of the loop for a while and suddenly need a
    recommendation for server backup software. The w2k server has a CD
    burner on it and I want to be able to burn a bootable CD that will
    reinstall my system.

    I just need to pick a tool to recover from loss of the system disk. My
    data is of a RAID 0 box, and there is a DAT tape drive for
    full backups.

    Recommendations ?

    Thanks
    --
    Al Dykes
    -----------

  2. Re: Please recommend a backup tool for a w2k server that burns a crash restoration CD

    Checkout Acronis's TrueImage. It does drive images without requiring
    a system reboot or dropping to a DOS disk. It can make a bootable CD
    which has network access to recover images from the network.

    On 12 Sep 2003 11:23:19 -0400, adykes@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote:

    >I've been out of the loop for a while and suddenly need a
    >recommendation for server backup software. The w2k server has a CD
    >burner on it and I want to be able to burn a bootable CD that will
    >reinstall my system.
    >
    >I just need to pick a tool to recover from loss of the system disk. My
    >data is of a RAID 0 box, and there is a DAT tape drive for
    >full backups.
    >
    >Recommendations ?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread