Permissions for virtual CD device - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Permissions for virtual CD device - Windows NT ; I have a virtual CD (software that emulates a CD -- put a CD image on the hard drive and run "as if" it were being read from a CDR). Runs fine when logged in as Administrator, but fails as ...

  1. Permissions for virtual CD device

    I have a virtual CD (software that emulates a CD -- put a CD image on
    the hard drive and run "as if" it were being read from a CDR). Runs
    fine when logged in as Administrator, but fails as Power User.
    Remember a similar problem with CD-RW drive, needed some registry
    "tweak" to let non-administrators write. Any clues where to look,
    what needs to be set? I think this is a "permissions" thing ...

    BS

  2. Re: Permissions for virtual CD device

    I use Daemon Tools and have no such problem.
    Rock solid. You might also look at UltraISO

    --
    #include
    _

+ Reply to Thread