Re: HOW TO SCRIPT in Windows? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: HOW TO SCRIPT in Windows? - Windows NT ; On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:03:49 -0700, Phil Robyn wrote: >Ted A. Whittington wrote: > >> I have a basic NT install (no Perl). I have looked for a manual on >> writing "BAT" files as I have some very ...

  1. Re: HOW TO SCRIPT in Windows?

    wrote:

    >Ted A. Whittington wrote:
    >
    >> I have a basic NT install (no Perl). I have looked for a manual on
    >> writing "BAT" files as I have some very basic scripting to do. Within
    >> that script I would like to display/capture the number of CPUs
    >> available on the server. GUI is NOT an option.

    >Tim Hill, _Windows NT Shell Scripting_

    Now that is an excellent book. I have a copy of Tim Hill's _Windows
    Script Host_ that is unfortunately still sitting in my to-read pile.
    If _Windows Script Host_ comes close to the value of _Windows NT Shell
    Scripting_ then I'll be very happy.

  2. Re: HOW TO SCRIPT in Windows?

    dpuryear@usa.net wrote:
    > On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:03:49 -0700, Phil Robyn
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Ted A. Whittington wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have a basic NT install (no Perl). I have looked for a manual on
    >>>writing "BAT" files as I have some very basic scripting to do. Within
    >>>that script I would like to display/capture the number of CPUs
    >>>available on the server. GUI is NOT an option.

    >>Tim Hill, _Windows NT Shell Scripting_

    > Now that is an excellent book. I have a copy of Tim Hill's _Windows
    > Script Host_ that is unfortunately still sitting in my to-read pile.
    > If _Windows Script Host_ comes close to the value of _Windows NT Shell
    > Scripting_ then I'll be very happy.

    His _Windows Scripting Host_ is also good, but it doesn't cover Java
    script, only VB script.

    --
    Phil Robyn
    Univ. of California, Berkeley

    u n z i p m y a d d r e s s t o s e n d e - m a i l

  3. Re: HOW TO SCRIPT in Windows?

    dpuryear@usa.net wrote:

    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:52:30 -0700, Phil Robyn
    > wrote:
    >

    >>dpuryear@usa.net wrote:

    >>>Now that is an excellent book. I have a copy of Tim Hill's _Windows
    >>>Script Host_ that is unfortunately still sitting in my to-read pile.
    >>>If _Windows Script Host_ comes close to the value of _Windows NT Shell
    >>>Scripting_ then I'll be very happy.
    >>>

    >>His _Windows Scripting Host_ is also good, but it doesn't cover Java
    >>script, only VB script.

    > Did you mean _Windows Script Host_?

    Yes, sorry! :-)

    --
    Phil Robyn
    Univ. of California, Berkeley

    u n z i p m y a d d r e s s t o s e n d e - m a i l

+ Reply to Thread