upromote? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on upromote? - Windows NT ; Has anybody out there ever used upromote( member to bdc/pdc)? would like to buy/use when I get back to work on monday, rather than reinstall, but would be interesting to get any feedback. cheers...

  1. upromote?

    Has anybody out there ever used upromote( member to bdc/pdc)?

    would like to buy/use when I get back to work on monday, rather than
    reinstall, but would be interesting to get any feedback.

    cheers

  2. Re: upromote?

    cheers mate,

    just what I wanted to hear.

    john capper.
    Pembrokeshire, Wales

    "Ken Long" wrote in message
    > I used it to pomote an NT4 member server to a BDC. It worked as
    > advertised and I've never had any problems with my BDC. In fact, it's
    > still running.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ken Long
    > Albuquerque, NM - USA
    >
    > "news" wrote:
    >
    > >Has anybody out there ever used upromote( member to bdc/pdc)?
    > >
    > >would like to buy/use when I get back to work on monday, rather than
    > >reinstall, but would be interesting to get any feedback.
    > >
    > >cheers

  3. Re: upromote?

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 05:58:21 +0000 (UTC), "news"
    wrote:

    >Has anybody out there ever used upromote( member to bdc/pdc)?

    Used it a number of years ago, worked just fine. Had to move a system
    from one domain to another and demoted to member server, changed
    domain membership then promoted to BDC. Except for having to back up
    a strange configuration, it might have been quicker to blow it away
    and reinstall though in my case.

    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread