Ugh. Veritas Problem (Somewhat emergency) - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Ugh. Veritas Problem (Somewhat emergency) - Windows NT ; So, Power failure takes down fileserver. No problem, I make daily backups and always check them. However, system comes up during night, without raid array. Tape starts to backup up, but stops because array is not there. But previous catalog ...

  1. Ugh. Veritas Problem (Somewhat emergency)

    So,
    Power failure takes down fileserver.
    No problem, I make daily backups and always check them.
    However, system comes up during night, without raid array.
    Tape starts to backup up, but stops because array is not there.
    But previous catalog is still gone.
    I know those files are there.
    There must be some way to get them.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Here or by email,
    hanales@hotmail.com
    Thank you.

  2. Re: Ugh. Veritas Problem (Somewhat emergency)

    On 7 Aug 2003 14:32:25 -0700, hanales@hotmail.com (Marc) wrote:

    >Power failure takes down fileserver.
    >No problem, I make daily backups and always check them.
    >However, system comes up during night, without raid array.
    >Tape starts to backup up, but stops because array is not there.
    >But previous catalog is still gone.
    >I know those files are there.
    >There must be some way to get them.
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    A call to Veritas would gte you a walk through, but you should be able
    to recatalog the tapes. Of course, you do have a prior backup set to
    fall back to because you rotate backup sets, correct?

    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread