Scheduling (AT) does not fire batch file - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Scheduling (AT) does not fire batch file - Windows NT ; (Win XP Home) Greetings all, The one line batch file IE.BAT... C:\>type ie.bat "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" http://www.digital.com when run from the command line opens up Internet explorer and goes to the specified page. However if I schedule the batch file ...

  1. Scheduling (AT) does not fire batch file

    (Win XP Home)

    Greetings all,

    The one line batch file IE.BAT...

    C:\>type ie.bat
    "c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" http://www.digital.com

    when run from the command line opens up Internet explorer and goes to the
    specified page.

    However if I schedule the batch file with the AT command I only get a CMD
    window up sat in the system32 directory and no IE.

    Any ideas?

    Example:

    C:\ at 19:10 /interactive CMD "c:\ie.bat"
    Added new job with id = 1
    C:\ at 1

    Task ID: 1
    Schedule: Today
    Time of day: 19:10PM
    Command cmd c:\ie.bat?

    Have tried the following quotation mark (or lack of) placement whilst
    scheduling, nothing makes any difference.

    C:\ at 19:10 /interactive "CMD c:\ie.bat"
    C:\ at 19:10 /interactive CMD c:\ie.bat

    Even tried the /C switch to CMD.

    Yes I'm aware of other scheduling products etc etc etc. I would just like
    to get the AT command and batch files working.

    Thanks in advance.

    Dave.

  2. Re: Scheduling (AT) does not fire batch file

    Use the 'Start' command in your batch file to initiate IE.

    start "Title" "\iexplore.exe"

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:18:12 +0000 (UTC), in

    Dave scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance