Help Needed - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Help Needed - Windows NT ; Hello guys. Need some urgent advice here. Recently, we have some files deleted from our network. We can't pinpoint the culprit. Nevertheless, is there any way that we can prevent this from happening again? Thanks....

  1. Help Needed

    Hello guys.

    Need some urgent advice here. Recently, we have some files deleted from our
    network. We can't pinpoint the culprit. Nevertheless, is there any way that
    we can prevent this from happening again?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Help Needed

    atreides wrote:

    > Hello guys.
    >
    > Need some urgent advice here. Recently, we have some files deleted from our
    > network. We can't pinpoint the culprit. Nevertheless, is there any way that
    > we can prevent this from happening again?
    >
    > Thanks.

    1. Limit the access to the file folders.

    2. Make the accessible files read-only.

    3. Establish a policy that guest users cannot delete (or add) files.

    4. Always have a current backup handy.

    5. And from the Harkonnen handbook, send the first 10 offenders who
    attempt to circumvent policies and procedures to the Spacing Guild's
    pain amplifier chambers.

+ Reply to Thread