I did a routine Windows update on a WinNT server running the latest SP.
After that I couldn't get the modem to dial. The immediate error message
is that RAS has been unable to start due to some error and that I should
look at the Event Viewer to see the problem. I did and it says that the
failure is due to the lack of Point to Point service. I removed the RAS
service and re-installed it, but that did no good. I also re-installed
the latest service pack (6a). That didn't help either. What should I do?
(I can't even be sure that the RAS problem is caused by the update. It's
the only recent change I can remember, however.)

TIA
Patrick