How to run a perl script from the AT command? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How to run a perl script from the AT command? - Windows NT ; I can't get a perl script to run from the AT command. It will run if I invoke the script manually from the command prompt and it will run if I invoke it from a batch file but it won't ...

  1. How to run a perl script from the AT command?

    I can't get a perl script to run from the AT command. It will run if I
    invoke the script manually from the command prompt and it will run if
    I invoke it from a batch file but it won't run from the AT command.

    I thought it might be a permissions problem since the script was
    trying to go out to a remote network share so the developer wrote a
    simple perl script that "touches" a local file updating the timestamp.
    This simple script won't run via AT either.

    A symptom that may be related is that the user account that the Task
    Scheduler service runs as can't be changed. Those options are greyed
    out.

    I do have other tasks automatically invoked by the AT command. A
    reboot batch file runs once a week and the virus signature update
    routine for SAV runs via AT. These run fine.

    Any thoughts?

    Ken Long
    Lectrosonics, Inc.

    (Reply address works as is.)

  2. Re: How to run a perl script from the AT command?

    This was a good suggestion but I had tried the whole path thing
    already. Compiling to .exe might be a possibility.

    Thanks,
    Ken

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:01:39 -0700, chris@nospam.com wrote:

    >It's probably a matter of file associations or not having perl in the
    >system path. Try putting in the whole path to the interpreter in the
    >AT task:
    >
    >c:\perl\bin\perl.exe script.pl
    >
    >Or if you have the dev kit, compile the script into an executeable

    (Reply address works as is.)

+ Reply to Thread