Re: An Error with Service Control Manager - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: An Error with Service Control Manager - Windows NT ; In news:9v4Qa.22930$Tx.1209658@news20.bellglobal.com, Jianping Zhou wrote: > Hello, > > My Windows 2000 Advanced Server hadn't worked properly since I > changed the ISP. In the Event Viewer, there is an error with Service > Control Manager. The error description is: ...

  1. Re: An Error with Service Control Manager

    Jianping Zhou wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My Windows 2000 Advanced Server hadn't worked properly since I
    > changed the ISP. In the Event Viewer, there is an error with Service
    > Control Manager. The error description is:
    >
    > The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the
    > following error:
    >
    > The authentication service is unknown.
    >
    > Can any body tell me how to deal with the problem? Thank you in
    > advance.

    Make sure the Client for Microsoft Networks protocol is bound to the NIC.

    --

    Frank GoBell

  2. Re: An Error with Service Control Manager

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:21:19 GMT, "Frank GoBell"
    wrote:

    >In news:9v4Qa.22930$Tx.1209658@news20.bellglobal.com,
    >Jianping Zhou wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> My Windows 2000 Advanced Server hadn't worked properly since I
    >> changed the ISP. In the Event Viewer, there is an error with Service
    >> Control Manager. The error description is:
    >>
    >> The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated with the
    >> following error:
    >>
    >> The authentication service is unknown.
    >>
    >> Can any body tell me how to deal with the problem? Thank you in
    >> advance.

    >Make sure the Client for Microsoft Networks protocol is bound to the NIC.

    That could be dangerous advice without knowing more about the existing
    setup. For example, is this nic exposed to the internet, which would
    open up the server for netbios attacks?

    -Chris

+ Reply to Thread