He is simply opening the file using the NO_INTERMEDIATE_BUFFERING option in
(I do not remeber what the Win32 define for it is). This forces you to do
I/O on a sector boundry, but removes the cache manager from the picture.

Also, you can do a sector copy by reading the file allocation rage tables
(bitmap), but it is a waste of time.

Tell you programmer that trying to ensure job security by keeping secrets is
old school and that he will be exstinct very, very soon.

news:808fd6b2.0306160324.4aaa69de@posting.google.c om...