making a batch file to add a user - ok but for a wee problem! - Windows NT

This is a discussion on making a batch file to add a user - ok but for a wee problem! - Windows NT ; I've got a batch file to add a new user in Windows NT 4 Server sp6a But there is only two wee problems with it. I use : NET USER %username% password /ADD /FULLNAME:"%fullname%" /HOMEDIR:\\server\%username% /PROFILEPATH:\\server\profiles\%username% /SCRIPTPATH:logon.bat On loading the ...

  1. making a batch file to add a user - ok but for a wee problem!

    I've got a batch file to add a new user in Windows NT 4 Server sp6a

    But there is only two wee problems with it.

    I use :

    NET USER %username% password /ADD /FULLNAME:"%fullname%"
    /HOMEDIR:\\server\%username% /PROFILEPATH:\\server\profiles\%username%
    /SCRIPTPATH:logon.bat

    On loading the User Manager program I see that the account has been
    added.

    But the option 'User must change password at on next logon' is not
    ticked.
    I'd like this to be on. How?

    Also I like to have the Home directory set to the U: drive. It seems
    to default to the Z: drive!

    This I can do in the User Manager program, but I can't seem to
    specific a drive letter via this command line.

    Am I missing something? :-)

    Any help will put me out of my misery. :-)

  2. Re: making a batch file to add a user - ok but for a wee problem!

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q199878&

    try this for size it has a switch for doing what you want.

    Cheers

    P.

    "Stuart Halliday" wrote in message
    news:3d57afa8.0306270226.6e0b0f87@posting.google.c om...
    > I've got a batch file to add a new user in Windows NT 4 Server sp6a
    >
    > But there is only two wee problems with it.
    >
    > I use :
    >
    > NET USER %username% password /ADD /FULLNAME:"%fullname%"
    > /HOMEDIR:\\server\%username% /PROFILEPATH:\\server\profiles\%username%
    > /SCRIPTPATH:logon.bat
    >
    > On loading the User Manager program I see that the account has been
    > added.
    >
    > But the option 'User must change password at on next logon' is not
    > ticked.
    > I'd like this to be on. How?
    >
    > Also I like to have the Home directory set to the U: drive. It seems
    > to default to the Z: drive!
    >
    > This I can do in the User Manager program, but I can't seem to
    > specific a drive letter via this command line.
    >
    > Am I missing something? :-)
    >
    > Any help will put me out of my misery. :-)

+ Reply to Thread